Dear Young People:
I would like to invite you to serve in sacristan program at Saint Edward Church and School, the Saint Thérèse Guild. As a sacristan for the church and school, you will help to prepare the sacristy, sanctuary, and altar for the Mass and other liturgies. This is an important role in our parish’s worship of God.
Attending the sacristy and sanctuary is an honor, but it is also a responsibility. As a sacristan for Saint Edward Church and School, we expect the following:
- Attend sacristan training. For Saint Edward School students, this training will be scheduled during the school day. The training schedule for the rest of the parish will be announced.
- Look neat, presentable, and presentable in the sacristy. We show our reverence for God in our appearance when we work in the sacristy.
- Show up to prepare for and clean up after every Mass for which you are scheduled or make arrangements to have someone cover the Mass.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes before the Mass begins to make sure the sacristy, altar, sanctuary, and nave are ready for worship.
- Perform the duties assigned to you in the prescribed orderly manner.
- Maintain a prayerful demeanor during all times in the Sacristy.
If you would like to train and serve in the sacristy here at Saint Edward, please fill out the application below and return it to your teacher or the parish office.
Fr. Dan Reehil, Pastor